Legal Requirements for Weddings in Kenya
Necessary paperwork for a wedding in Kenya:
Copies of the following documents are necessary prior to the wedding taking place:
- 2 copies of the passport of bride-to-be and groom
- 2 copies of birth certificate of bride-to-be and groom
- An affidavit that bride-to-be and groom are single
- If divorced, a copy of decree absolute
- If widowed, a copy of the death certificate of former spouse & previous marriage certificate
- Letter stating full names, address, occupation of couple and the same details for each person’s parents
Also required or recommended
A Visa (compulsory), Personal travel insurance (compulsory), Wedding insurance (recommended)
Official Requirements for a Wedding in Kenya:
- Wedding couple must spend at least 2 working days in Nairobi before the wedding.
- The wedding couple must show themselves in person at the registry office.
- Wedding can only take place after a minimum 4 day stay in Kenya.
- Original passport and birth certificate is needed in Kenya.
- A civil registration ceremony is required in Nairobi prior to any religious or other ceremony elsewhere in Kenya.
|Contact us by email or contact us by telephone on 0207 622 5114 and ask to speak to a consultant about wedding requirements in Africa.|